Friday, May 27, 2016

The Beginning

My husband, God bless his soul, heard me whining about never buying anything for myself and got me a one year Ipsy Glam Bag subscription for my birthday. 1) yay! 2) I now have to figure out what to do with 900 bags but that is a future Morgan problem.

Not knowing the first thing about makeup, and just purging a ton of lip glosses (when they shipped the color difference was so subtle it was maddening), a crusty eyeliner and even crustier mascara I figured I'm a good candidate for an Ipsy bag. Couple that with the fact that I have a job that absolutely won't let you wear makeup (or look remotely human), a one and a half year old and a newborn who won't let me have time to read or cook, let alone try to look presentable (I'm not complaining, I just respect anybody who can balance kids and budget their time, because I am not that person. I couldn't even budget time to leave the house, pre-kids, and be somewhere anytime before 15 minutes late). At least the sample sizes are usually small enough that they won't go rancid or dry out before I can get my money's worth out of them. That and I may find a brand or new color I love.

As you can see from the ramblings, I'm not sure of the tone I want this blog to take. So far it will be a monthly Ipsy bag (that is my only subscription at this time), random product review? Maybe shed a tear or two for one of those sleepless nights (in my younger days witching hour gaming, now Netflix and Wikipedia are my saviors).

No comments:

Post a Comment