Monday, July 31, 2017

July Target Beauty Box Review

Like a borderline burnout trying to kite that paper in on time under the professor's door, here's the August Target Beauty Box review.

Every month Target unveils a beauty box for anywhere between $5 and $10 and they usually sell out within a couple of days. The coolest thing about these boxes is that everything in them can be found either inside of Target or online at Target.com. Even though everything at Target is technically drugstore, I suppose, every now and they they throw in a higher priced brand here, here, here, and particularly here.


 
The box this month was pretty much filled to the brim. Isn't it beautiful? Right off the bat I was excited for this box. I immediately saw two things I intended to get heavy use out of. This month's box featured:

ELF Illuminating Mist & Set
I really need to invest in some lighting.
I already have the Smashbox Photo Finish Priming Water which I already do not use so I cannot see myself getting much use out of this product, even though it's hot as monkey balls outside. The spray can be a little aggressive but holding the bottle further away from my face or swapping the product into a bottle with a finer mist will solve this problem. I may end up just using this for days when I don't have makeup on but I'm roasting alive outside. It has a ton of vitamins so it's worth a shot, particularly for aging concerns, of which I have very few.

Secret Cool Waterlily Clear Gel Deodorant

Much like last month, the most exciting item in this box is the most practical, every day use item. I went to Costco about 4 months ago and bought deodorant that I don't necessarily care for but it was the only ladies' brand there and it more or less does the job, sort of. Up until that point I had only been using Secret Outlast Gel deodorant which might be the only deodorant I've found other than Old Spice that prevents me from smelling like a builder. It fits perfectly in my purse which is great since every now and then I, TMI, forget to put on deodorant before I leave the house. I'm always late and half dressed, tbh. I also keep a shit dollar store deodorant in my desk at work for the same reason.

Scünci Soft Cashmere Blend Headbands



I did not intend to get any use out of these but I stand very corrected. They've been a life saver keeping my hair out of my wash off or peel off masks. My hair is not straight, and therefore isn't as slippery as other hair when wearing these. They are extremely soft and do not have a textured grippy side. Ive been wearing these very frequently just for a quick faux attempt at doing something with my hair.

Neotrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer


This little guy was a pretty interesting find. It applies like a serum and it's absolutely worth it considering how much I hate thick moisturizers. It applies so smoothly, I didn't notice any particular scent to the product. This will be one of my future purchases.

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes


This might be the best makeup removing wipes I've ever used. They thoroughly remove makeup, hydrate my skin and I don't have to rub my face until i have exposed flesh to remove makeup. I know what I'm buying in the near-ish future.

ACURE Day Cream


Love it. It's light enough to be work outside, even in the middle of summer, and prevents my face from melting off in a pool in my own lap. The cream itself feels amazing and has this almost crisp musky scent to it until you sniff hard and are surrounded by a eucalyptus forest and become overwhelmed. I have not been impressed with other ACURE items but I can see myself repurchasing this item.



 

John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon was a bit of a letdown. The website promised about 2 oz but angry customers have been calling into Target stating that they were unhappy paying for a foil packet and Target has been kind enough to get complainers a $2-3 discount. Alas, I have not used this hair product yet.

Que Bella Dead Sea Mud Mask & Pineapple Peel Off Mask


Now I love a good wash-off/peel-off mask as much as the next guy. I love that this box had two different samples inside. The Dead Sea Mud Mask was not a bad mask by any means. It brightened, it cleared out my pores and it wasn't overly drying. It smelled/felt medicinal but that was not entirely offputting. The Pineapple pee-off mask was just nauseating. I love the smell of pineapple but this mask just took that and ran with it. Forever. Like Forest Gump's cross country run. I really tried with this mask and I should have had fun peeling the mask off but my god, the smell was so strong that it wasn't worth going back and repurchasing.

I think I'm ok with this month's Target Beauty Box. The value wasn't amazing but thank god we didn't get any makeup this month. The masks were a refreshing way to wind down at the end of the day and the makeup removers are more than useful at home. Neutrogena, you are my life saver.

P.S. please any cryptic reviews you see. I have been nodding off for over an hour at the computer but I swore I would have reviews done within the month that I received the products. It almost didn't work out that way this month. Off to bed I go.

P.P.S. Holy shit, this post was so heavily edited. Day after edits. I should have left it untouched as a relic to my drowsiness and stubborn attempt to get this posted at some point in July. I'm sorry, I know I'm a drunk and illiterate person. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment