Saturday, September 10, 2016

Empties in Brief

Finally getting around to a mini, non-subscription box empties. Mini because I haven't rounded up all of the semi quality pictures need yet. Note, this pic is nowhere near quality but at the time and with all the tools (that aren't) at my disposal, it's the best I could do.
Fabula Nebulae Grapefruit and Ginger Lip Balm ($3.93)-My sister in law got this and an everything balm by this company from MommyCon 2016 in Chicago and was kind enough to pass them on to me. Let's just say I was so sad the day I finally burned through my tube. Holy shit, before this point the best I've ever used was soft lips and this absolutely put that to shame. It's so creamy, goes on slippery, probably due to the grasped oil, or any of the other million oils listed in the ingredients. (My husband hates that feeling which means I didn't have to share at all!) it even smells and tastes delicious. Unfortunately it means I couldn't wear it under any kind of lipstick because it would just slide tight off my face, but this got me through the still very cold, dry early spring. That and I can technically wear it at work for the glossy, makeup-no-makeup look (yes, I am aware of my wording on that one). It's the fastest I've ever gone through a lip balm. I intend to repurchase this and check out some more of their body balms and scrubs next.

Best lip balm of ever. Of ever. 


Kinky Curly Curling Custard would dry crunchy and way sticky but it did define curls (as much as it could, anyway with z-coils) in my hair. It felt slimy and goopy, as if I had stuck my hands into a bowl of wet flax seeds, but without the texture, and a little goes a long way. It was also very hard to wash off of my hands (think of Nair). But it's great once I get over the texture. I could only use the gel when I was going for a specific, faux dreaded, knotted look though.

Alright, so I've finally given up on my ELF Flat Powder Brush ($3). I used it primarily for foundation, it was pretty good at distributing product evenly, but I could never really get a sheer look, regardless of the consistency of the foundation or tinted moisturizer I used. It was starting to smell unpleasant (I know cleaning helps but cleanings have need growing more frequent as of late and the smell never really went away) and even though I've glued the brush back together on several occasions, the metal neck has once again separated from thr handle, so it's time for us to part ways. It's given me several great years though, so thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment