Sunday, September 18, 2016

September Ipsy First Impressions

It's mid-month so that means once again, it's bag time. Fortunately this time I'm actually posting within the same month that I got my bag-it's like all of my terrible high school qualities have followed me deep into adulthood. I've been thinking of changing my profile because lately I have not received many overly swatchable or interesting things. Useful? Yes. Pretty for unboxing? Meh. On with this boring shitshow.

 Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme (1.5mL $10)-This was a deluxe sized sample. 1.5mL does not sound like a lot but on lips it's quite a bit of product. It seems to have some light reflecting shimmers in it so the product works through a combination of that and irritation. I don't really need any kind of lip fillers or plumpers, but of all the "super hero" spoilers that were offered this month, this was the only product I was even remotely interested in since I already got the Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint last month (the only other interesting "super hero" spoiler. I will continue to use this to form an opinion. It looks like it might last me for forever.

Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner (1.2g $12.12)-This eyeliner is super black, super precise, dries pretty quickly and easy to control. I experienced smearing afterward but the packaging says it's waterproof. Its a deluxe sample, but I'm perfectly alright with that.
You're too cute, Eyeko
This eyeliner is very black, easy to control, has a fine point for a thin precise line or a thicker wing (which I don't know how to do), is has a slightly flexible but not flimsy tip and applies with no tugs, no drying (I'm looking at you, ELF *glare*).

Onomie Powerful Priming Serum (5mL $8.33)-I wish this sample wasn't so tiny because damn if it isn't hydrating. The full size primer runs for $50 for 30mL *dies*. It doesn't feel tacky like too faced does, I like that. I also see some very (VERY) light shimmer happening. Will it be worth the $50? I greatly doubt it, will I enjoy it? I genuinely hope so.

Glow For A Cause Body Butter in Inspire (0.7oz $4.48)-small tub, about 1/10th of the retail size, that's big enough for desk use for hands in the winter. Super thick. Like, solid pat of slightly-cooler-than-room-temperature butter thick. Smells more floral than citrusy so heads up. The website says that their products are paraben, phthalate, gluten and cruelty free and made in the US. I know it sounds silly, but if you are my husband, you get extremely excited about things made in the US.

ToGoSpa Undereye Collagen Gel Masks in Green Tea Eyes (full size $12.50)-So glad this came with three treatments so I could get a good idea of the product. The website promises that it will reduce dark circles under eyes (not typically something I have a problem with) while providing tingling relaxation. Overall I'm never too excited to get a mask but it's fun to play around with to relax. I'm pretty horrifically sick right now so I think I will be taking advantage of this.

tl;dr: All in all I would say this is the most excited I've been about a bag since June. June, I believe, is still my gold standard though. The total value of this month's bag was $47.43, not bad for the $10 I paid. I want to have a discussion with my profile regarding getting things like masks or eye gels but man, are those going to be useful right now since i am in that headachey, congested, feverish cold chill stage of life right now. I think I'm going to go lay down and die for a bit.
I went swatch crazy with line size. Eyeko with Flash
Eyeko without Flash



No comments:

Post a Comment