Sunday, September 18, 2016

Room for improvement

I am keenly aware of how much this page sucks and I am up for any suggestions you may have to help make it better. It started as an afterthought but for some reason I'm still contributing to it.

Things already considered include:

  • A better camera. I've already been in talks with the other half about getting one and he thinks I want him to get it for himself (lol) but we are really cheap people and I can't see this happening until I am done shooting out kids. 
  • Diversify and expand out to different subscription boxes. The problem is I haven't found any other boxes that I think are worth the cost. The one I was interested in was the Essence Beauty Box but unfortunately that one went belly up this month. I believe it was only between $10 and $15 a month two. The only other two boxes I would be interested in would be CurlBox and CurlKit but both are $20 a month + $5 shipping and handling. I would have a hard time justifying $20 a month on hair care products just buying full size again store. The probability of getting mostly foil packets for that price is upsetting. 
  • More photos of what the products look like when worn? Sure, I'm not on friendly terms with photo capturing devices but I can try. To this day I stalk Google and YouTube to see what women of color got in their subscription boxes and try to see if I can manage to wear any of the shades I received that month. There are two black Ipsy girls but one is hi-yellow and the other is considerably darker than me and they are always glammed up with tons of makeup and studio lighting so their demonstrating a product is highly deceptive.
Just let me know if one of the above points is a concern, or just drop any other suggestions you have. I'm a big girl. I can take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment